What Is Life Coaching And Does It Work?
What is life coaching and does it actually work? As a coach one of the main question I get about my work is what it actually is. In this blog I want to discuss what life coaching is and how it can help you improve your life.
Life coaching is a method of coaching that focuses on personal development. It touches on life skills like emotional regulation, healthy diet, work-life balance, self sabotage and many more different challenges in life. So does it work? A life coach has several tools to help you improve the quality of your life.
- Talk therapy. Talking about what bothers you is scientifically proven to help you process trauma and understand yourself and others better. It gives you new insights and helps you puts things into perspective.
- Psychoeducation. Life coaching can help you learn about mental conditions and disorders in order to help you understand your behavior and thoughts
- Coaching materials. Life coaches have books, audiotapes. They can also recommend you materials to study and can help you understand and apply the text in your day-to-day life.
- Specializations. Every life coach has a specialization so be sure to always choose your coach wisely.
- Goal oriented. Life coaching consists of aiming on small objectives with big results.
I know what a life coach does, how does it work?
Life coaching at Coach Bahman starts with a client intake. After filling in that form we start the first session (here a Coach Bahman we offer free first session) In this session the life coach and coachee get to know each other and set goals for the coaching program. In the following sessions we work together on these goals and evaluate the progress. We adjust when necessary and celebrate when deserved.
Every life coaching program is different but aims to do the same; raise your awareness, optimize your mindset and improve the quality of your life.