10 Ways To Raise Your Awareness
You can’t change a problem you’re not aware of. These are 10 proven ways to raise your awareness and reach a higher level of consciousness.
Technology, social media, apps, they all make us more and more numb to our surroundings and more importantly, to ourselves. They kill awareness. It keeps us in this same loops of behaviors and thoughts. We are all addicted to these negative patterns and becoming aware is the first step to break it.
So how to raise your awareness? You do that by making time to focus on the human experience. All the things that are not part of the ego or part of achieving your selfish needs. Here are 10 tips to raise your awareness and becoming more aware.
- Meditation. Meditation is a great way to take time to observe your thoughts and experience how your body reacts to those thoughts. Becoming more aware starts with being comfortable with your thoughts.
- Exercise. Every type of physical activity brings you in touch with your body and releases positive hormones. Endorphins and dopamine increase gratefulness. Use it!
- Journal. Writing down your intentions and evaluating your progress is a great way to become more aware of all your negative and positive habits. You can’t change what you’re not aware of.
- Coaching. Sometimes it’s hard to do it on your own. You don’t have to. Coaches are specialized in recognizing and helping you with subconscious behavior.
- Reading. Reading opens the mind to new questions and new answers. It gives you new insights that might trigger you to think about things you usually would ignore.
- Eat mindfully. Eating slowly, fasting from time to time, eating less meat. These are all ways to be more mindful of what you put inside your body.
- Limit screen time. Less smartphone time, less computer time, and less T.V. The media lies, the reality shows are loud and obnoxious and celebrity news is unimportant. Stop numbing your awareness.
- Spend time in nature. There is a book called Lost Connections. It speaks about the sources of depression, one reason is losing connection. With friends, yourself, or nature. We are animals and we’re not designed to live in a city, reconnect with nature, and become more aware of your senses.
- Fewer distractions. We use several types of distractions like Netflix, apps, and alcohol and drugs. These things help us to escape from the things that bother us. It’s important to become aware of these stress triggers before we try and solve them.
- Non-competitive hobbies. This generation thinks everything is a competition. Every hobby needs to be monetized and compared to others. This can be extremely exhausting. You need things that are simply for enjoyment and relaxation. Activities like painting, writing, reading, or fishing can help you focus on yourself and not on money or others.
These are some tips that can help you become more aware of yourself. Finding out who you are, how you became yourself, and what your effect is on the world. Searching for the question before you look for an answer.
If you need any help raising your awareness, reach out to me and let’s talk.